The following links all provide useful information for those interested in conservation, translocations, reintroduction biology and restoration ecology.
- The Oceania Reintroduction Specialist Group provides a wealth of information and contacts on reintroduction projects in the Oceania Region, including New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific.
- The IUCN Reintroduction Specialist Group provides an international perspective, news and translocation guidelines.
- New Zealand Department of Conservation information on wildlife health.
- New Zealand Wildlife Management Forum.
- The hihi conservation website.
- Sanctuaries of New Zealand.
- The Lincoln Park Zoo Avian Reintroduction and Translocation Database. http://www.lpzoosites.org/artd/index.php
- Agreement on the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (ACAP). ACAP is a multilateral agreement which seeks to conserve albatrosses and petrels by coordinating international activity to mitigate known threats to their populations.
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB).
- Zoology Department, University of Otago.
Conservation and translocation for birds, wildlife and plants.
Planning for conservation restoration to aid ecosystem recovery.
SEABIRDS AND FISHERIES
Advice and services on Southern Ecosystems, birds and fish.
Using science and research for conservation biology.
Kārearea / NZ falcon
Working with Kārearea / NZ falcon, forestry and farm
FACILITATION AND DECISION MAKING
Facilitation and decision making for threatened species management.